Give Kids The World Village is an 89-acre nonprofit resort in Kissimmee, Florida, that provides week-long, cost-free wish vacations to critically ill children and their families from around the world who want to visit Central Florida. During one transformative week, wish families laugh, play, and create priceless memories together away from hospital visits and medical procedures. It's a magical week where wish kids can experience the simple joys of childhood, and where families can recapture some of the precious moments that may have been missed due to illness.
Since 1986, Give Kids The World Village has welcomed more than 177,000 families from all 50 states and 76 countries. The Village is made possible by the support of donors and community partners, as well as thousands of volunteers, who give their time and talent making wishes come true.
Learn more: gktw.org
Share Our Strength, our Wee and Mighty campaign partner, is a non-profit organization that works to solve problems of hunger and poverty in the U.S. and around the world. After 25 years of helping to find the best approaches to eliminate hunger, Share Our Strength launched 'No Kid Hungry' in 2010. As a child hunger organization, ending childhood hunger is the primary focus.
Children in the United States today face real challenges, as families and communities work to recover from effects of the coronavirus pandemic. No Kid Hungry aims to address food insecurity through programs like:
- School meals (access to breakfast, lunch, after school meal, and summer-time meal)
- Grants (help facilitate government, school, and community-run programming with essential equipment)
- Advocacy (work with elected officials and government agencies to improve availability of nutrition programs that help feed hungry kids)
- Research and policy (share and communicate best practices so that all children are fed; fund and develop pilot programs)
Learn more: shareourstrength.org
Canines for Disabled Kids is our national 501(c)(3) non-profit organization for Wee Pet Dogs. Their mission is to increase independence for children with disabilities and their families by promoting service dog partnerships, understanding, and awareness throughout the community.
This is accomplished by:
- Helping to connect children with the service dog that can best help them overcome limitations caused by a variety of disabilities. Since 1998, CDK has sponsored over 130 service dogs to support children with different disabilities.
- Developing a strong educational presentation program to provide information to the public about service dogs, public access, and their role with individuals overcoming limitations of a variety of disabilities. These programs are offered all over the country to schools, civic groups, and businesses. Advocacy and awareness efforts have flourished from this.
- Scholarships to help cover the training costs required for specific medical needs of a child. By providing needed funding to the training organization, CDK was able to increase the number of children being accepted for service dogs to between 3 months and 1 year, rather than 2 years or more. Over 200 training programs are eligible for the scholarships offered.
Learn more: caninesforkids.org
TRIBE Seminole Heights, our Tampa Bay local partner, is a is a 501(c)(3) community-focused nonprofit that integrates unique learning experiences, family support, and strategic outreach with a focus on the wellness of children and families.
These goals are achieved by:
- Offering more than 50 fun and educational activities per week, each for only $5.
- Maintaining a community closet that provides free donated clothing and shoes to children.
- Aligning as a community partner to Seminole and Broward Elementary School, and continuously running community outreach programs.
Learn more: tribeseminoleheights.com
The Children’s Defense Fund (CDF), our national partner, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit child advocacy organization that has worked for more than 40 years to ensure a level playing field for all children of America who cannot speak for or defend themselves. CDF educates the nation about the needs of children and encourages preventive investments before they get sick, drop out of school, get into trouble, or suffer family breakdown.
Areas where The Children’s Defense Fund will help the friends of Wee Macree kids:
- Child Poverty (allowing all children the opportunities to reach their full potential)
- Child Health (access to physical and behavioral health coverage that is child-specific and accessible)
- Education (equitable distribution of resources among all children regardless of background)
- Child Welfare (quality care in foster or permanent family homes)
- Early Childhood Development (childhood development, learning and school opportunities)
- Youth Justice (more humane and rehabilitative prevention and treatment)
- Gun Violence Prevention (growing up safely)
Learn more: childrensdefense.org